9 Oct 2014

Magazine Copy Cover - Research



For some of my research I decided that instead of only using one source I would use multiple sources to try and get the best effect and best result that I could. Therefore I decided that I would not only use Pinterest but also use Google as a source to find suitable front cover designs to copy.


After searching through Google images for an image I could use I came to the conclusion that I would be able to find one so therefore I decided to do some more research away from the internet. I went out and tried to find suitable shops in which I could take a pictures of displays and pages

After searching on google and not finding anything that I believe I could use I decided that I would also have a look on Pinterest. I put in magazine front pages and found that there was to much to chose from and examples which would be too difficult to make in the time frame which I had been given.

Once I'd searched on Pinterest for about an hour, I came across a type of magazine called Little White Lies, which conveyed and presented many different types of magazines. After searching the different covers of Little White Lies, I chose my favourite design and then pinned them to a board so that I could save the design whilst I did more research.


After searching online for examples of different types of magazine I could re-create I decided that I would not only look online but also have a look in stores at magazines which were available to buy.
Taking a few pictures of some that I found looked effective and would be somewhat easy to make but also rather challenging when it comes to Typeface positioning, and the photograph background


Collecting a few examples which not only I, but others had collect I chose the best pages out the three magazines and then photographed them. These double page spreads present the different types of font which can be used to emphasize background images and different colours.


This is a double page spread which I found which debated on created due to the fact i wouldn't have to take a picture of anything but instead i would be able to draw one side of the double page, just like the front cover which I've decided to create.
After finding a few more examples of different types of magazines with varying styles which i could create as either a double page spread or a front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment