30 Sept 2014

No Staples Booklet - Printed Booklet

Final Printed Product

This is the final product of my No Staples Booklet, once I'd completed everything that I wanted too I then printed out my booklet and this was out the outcome. Even though the positioning of the guide lines in photoshop were  little off or my folding of the booklet was a little off the first page still looks good from what i expected it to look like. Even though the image for this doesn't depict the proper colours that you can see with the original product which is printed out, it still show the mount of detail in which i added to each canine.

This is the first double page spread of my no staples booklet and this page shows some of the dogs I drew along with canine memorabilia. Based on the fact that only two colours were allowed and then i figured out that since black is on the grey scale I could use a lot of grey shades too. This gave a nice variety between both the canine and the memorabilia.

 After thinking about which animals I'd make grey and which I'd make blue, I decided on the fact that any dog which would be a hue other than what would be on the grey scale would be blue, and any others would be grey, this also helped me show the different markings and breeds of each animal. Adding grey shades and white tints to the husky design allowed me to properly convey it's markings, on the other hand on the Golden Retriever I used a dark blue hue in order to try and show how this specific breed would be a golden colour.

Just like on my page earlier I made sure that all the breeds of dogs which could naturally have a grey hue to their pelt, I made the grey, and the others a blue. After making all the dogs I filled in the spaces with more memorabilia, which made the page look more fun and interesting. 

This is the back page of my No staples booklet which could almost be the front page, I specifically wrote " The art of dogs " on the back page in order to give the feel that the page was like a blurb, and would specify what the booklet would, and of course, that is an little book filled with dogs. 

When you opened the booklet you'd find a large poster style drawings. I loved making this and even though I copied the Border Collie sketch on the inside cover from my other page, this still looked amazing when I printed it out. After finishing everything I added my signature / water mark at the bottom of my piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment