26 Sept 2014

No Staples Book - Research

Research

Before I started creating my no staples booklet I firstly went on Pinterest and did some research. This research was on the different breeds of dogs and from this research I got an idea of what types of dogs I'd be trying to draw and how I'd be able to convey their markings and features with only one colour allowed. I chose the most popular dogs that I could think of, ranging from Husky's, Dalmatians, Golden Retrievers, Great Danes and Border Collie's. Trying to figure out which dogs would be best to draw with the limited colour was harder than I thought it would be, and from this difficulty I chose different breeds of dogs which has very distinguishable markings or body shapes. 

This is another page in which I was researching different breeds of dogs. From the difficulty with the limited colours I decided that in order to convey the sketches and drawings of dogs properly I would need to choose dogs which had distinct markings, such as spots on a dalmatian, or body shape and size which, such as a pug, or chihuahua. Because of this I decided to choose noticeable dogs, and then figure out which colour I'd be using 

This is another page on my Pinterest blog which contains more research for my no staples booklet. After choosing a lot of  small similar dogs I thought that it'd be interesting to add some larger dogs, such as Great Danes, and then I also looked at some pictures of wolves, even though I didn't draw any wolves into my work I did contain an sketch of a Great Dane.


No comments:

Post a Comment