27 Sept 2014

No Staples Booklet - Sketchbook Pages

Initial Sketchbook Pages

This is my first initial sketchbook page. It took me a while to figure out what types of dogs I was going to draw and then I started to lightly sketch out each 'base' drawing. By starting with basic shapes such as circles and cubes I created the base lines of each drawing. From each of these weirdly shaped figures I started to add in more detail and start creating individual lines for each creature. By sketching the nose of each animal first and then the muzzle, moving onto the rest of the face, I'd created ten sketches of different breeds of dogs, in different position and different poses.
After this I went over each pencil sketch with a fine liners to get a darker and more precise line to each drawing. This would allow me to scan in the image with a resolution of about 72, and have a decent scan without fuzzy lines when I zoom in on each image to colour.

 This is my second initial sketchbook page. After my first page I though that having everything which resembled a dog would be bland and boring, therefore I drew some dog memorabilia, such a balls, collars, bones, and leads. I also a separate nose and paw on this page, which would fit between the images of each dog. Like the first page, I started with basic shapes for my base sketch which I then turned into more detailed sketches and then once perfected my sketches, I also went over these images with a fine liner for a more crisp line.
All together each page took me about two hours to draw, all being completely in my own time.

For this sketchbook page I didn't know which type of brush or pen I wanted to use therefore I tested five different types of brushes and pens in order to figure out which one I would go over my lines with in my first sketchbook page and my second one. For these images I used a pencil, fine liner, squirrel hair ink brush, biro and a calligraphy pen. Even though the last image isn't labelled as a calligraphy pen, it is what I used to get that effect. After debating which one I wanted to use I realized that a fine liner got the effect I wanted and wouldn't distort when i zoomed into the outline of the image whilst colouring 

No comments:

Post a Comment