30 Sept 2014

No Staples booklet - Final designs

Final Designs

This is the final design of my first page of my no staples booklet. I'm extremely pleased with the result I obtained from this little book. After completing every sketch, colouring it and then adding all the detail, this page took me about seven hours to complete, most of which was in my free time. All the colour in this, of course was referenced from the first base colour of the whole booklet, and from this I changed the hue and made it darker or lighter for each amount of detail I was adding onto each hound and object which I drew.

This is the second page of my no staples booklet, which contained one large sketch of a Border Collie and then the blurb once more which is " The Art Of Dogs. ". Even though I copied the image of the Border Collie from the first page, I knew that this was one of my favourite pieces, and the colours blended beautifully. Even though I couldn't use a plum hue for inside the collie's mouth, instead of grey I thought it'd be a nice idea to make it blue instead, to match the colour pallet of the rest of my work. This head shot of the Collie fit perfectly onto the page which filled up the negative space which would have been left if I only put the title on the page. All together the end result of both pages turned out perfectly, and you could clearly see the amount of detail on each sketch once zoomed out.
After both sides were done, I grouped them together and then printed out the double sided piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment